Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5.19.2010 WEST AND THE SOUTH











Another interesting month of travels. Within a few days I was shooting up in Napa Valley, one of the worlds finest wine growing regions, very early in the season but amazing landscape. It felt very much like I was in the hills of Italy. Four days latter I was in the middle of Mississippi shooting an architecture project in Greenwood, the home of Viking Stoves. Like no small town I've ever seen. It was one of those unexpected surprises, some very nice people and one of the coolest boutique hotels I've seen, The Alluvian. Definitely check out this cosmopolitan hotel in the middle of nowhere if in Greenwood Missippi. It has won a lot of design awards and had some very nice art work to check out.

The first of the month was another cool surprise as well. I ended up photographing a new building in Champaign IL that houses the world's most powerful computer. Champaign is also where the internet got its start. Who would guess in the middle of the heart lands is where all this craziness started.

I've also been working planning my own shoots. Going through a whole new branding for McFarland Photography. Looks to be a great summer of shoots and travels in the Middle, on the West, and the East.

Thanks again to all my clients and supporting friends. Keep inspiring.

1 comment:

  1. cool matty...love the car shot...the hotel (missippi?? )and the black and white cimputer photo. from champaign...hope your 40th was amazing. and that you were in the water...for days!!! ( ;
    its inctedible sometimes what is out there that we would never expect...xo.

    ReplyDelete