Monday, January 17, 2011

Paddle West



As the season turned from Fall to Winter, I traded my SUP boards for snowboards, and enjoyed some great riding in the Cascade, Rocky and St Louis Mountains. Ok, so the last "mountain" really was just a hill with a vertical drop of 310 feet. Sometimes you just have to make do with what you have. But one thing the Midwest, and specifically Missouri has is water. The state is teeming with some of the best floating and paddling venues in the country. Although I'm not sure I want to tackle any of the Class VI runs with my 14' Niash Javelin, I'd be certainly be up for the challenge with some of my other 2011 Naish Gear. So until the snow melts and the rivers swell in the Spring for SUP sessions, you'll catch me surfing mountains. And if it's the local one, at least I won't have altitude sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment